let.com/

Antworten
yyys123

let.com/

Beitrag von yyys123 » Sa Mär 21, 2020 9:11 am

AKRON, Ohio -- Jordan Spieth has heard the whispers. He has also heard the considerably more voluble criticisms.He can easily recite them, too. Like ticking off boxes on a checklist.Hit the ball.Youre taking forever. Its too boring. These objections, whether they emanate from behind the gallery ropes at a tournament or through the anonymity of social media, havent fallen on deaf ears.Along with his swing instructor, Cameron McCormick, Spieth knew what people were saying about his pace of play.I noticed and Id get plenty of comments on it from other people, he said. But Cameron also mentioned, Hey, I think youre going to play better if you just step up and swing. So Im trying to do a bit of that.Spieth could be excused for failing to immediately rectify this during the course of competition, though -- especially when he doesnt have his best stuff and might find it hard to get into a rhythm.That has been the case this week -- from tee to green, at least -- as through two rounds of the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational he has found just 12 of 28 fairways and hit only 15 of 36 greens in regulation, while posting scores of 68-71. That has him in a share of sixth place entering the weekend, just 3 strokes off the lead and much better than his stats would indicate.After the second round, Spieth didnt use playing quicker as an excuse. In fact, he credits the process for helping his game.The quicker part actually helps me, because then I just get up there and fire away, he explained Friday. The more I can do that, actually I think the better off kind of gun-slinging mentality, just to go up and hit the way I always have played.Playing quicker is just one piece of the puzzle that hes hoping to solve while trying to emerge from what he has described as a little lull. Following his win at last months Dean & DeLuca Invitational, he finished T-57 at the Memorial Tournament and T-37 at the U.S. Open, where he was the defending champion.Another key to that is maintaining a strong mental disposition during tournament rounds -- essentially, getting less frustrated with himself when things arent going well.Prior to the opening round, he told caddie Michael Greller, Im going to [focus] the rest of this year [on being] a lot stronger mentally than I have been and just not dwell in conversation on each shot.That philosophy worked to the tune of four closing birdies on Thursday when he was clearly fighting his swing, and just 21 total putts -- the fewest in a single round of his young career.While he didnt quite carry that same momentum into Fridays round, Spieth played the first dozen holes bogey-free before posting two in his final six.It wasnt that long ago that such a finish wouldve left a more bitter taste in his mouth. Instead, he appeared content with his play and optimistic toward the weekend.I almost held a bogey-free round together today, which would have been really special, he said. So yeah, I mean, I played about the same as yesterday, just made that many more putts yesterday.Unlike injured golfers or those playing with nothing to lose, there might not be a specific adage about players in contention without playing their best game, but maybe there should be. The first page of the leaderboard at Firestone Country Club is tightly packed, with Jason Day leading the way and 12 others within 4 strokes of his pace.If youre seeking the guy who could make a run on Moving Day, consider a player who hasnt yet figured out his swing this week.That player might very well be Spieth, who is trying to emerge from that little lull.Of course, every day for him is now Moving Day, in a way.While he has heard those criticisms about his pace of play from galleries and through social media, he has yet to hear any complaints from fellow players.Well, not without some prodding.I mean, Ill joke with them about [my slow play] maybe, and theyll say, Yeah, you are, he acknowledged with a laugh. But thats fine.The happy byproduct for Spieth is that becoming quicker could help him -- he believes -- to play better, too. Vapormax Plus Cargo Khaki For Sale . Traditional contenders Brazil, Greece and Turkey drew the other three spots to complete the 24-team field for this summers tournament in Spain, basketball governing body FIBA announced Saturday at its meeting in Barcelona. Vapormax 2019 Cheap . Aside from the trilogy main event title fight, there are a number of intriguing matchups in the heavyweight, welterweight and lightweight divisions. http://www.vapormaxcheapoutlet.com/ . Third-seeded Murray had the easiest path to victory on New Years Eve, barely breaking a sweat during his 6-0, 6-0 win over 2,129th-ranked Qatari wildcard recipient Mousa Shanan Zayed. Nike Vapormax Wholesale China . Batiste, who briefly signed with the Eskimos in 2006, has spent time with several NFL teams including the Pittsburgh Steelers and Washington Redskins. Vapormax Plus Triple Black Cheap . Thousands of fans at Mosaic Stadium will be cozying up to each other in an effort to stay warm in chilly temperatures and block the Prairie wind that locals say can knock your socks off. SHANGHAI -- Instead of ending his year in the Bahamas, U.S. Open champion Dustin Johnson is headed to the Philippines for an 18-hole match against Rory McIlroy geared toward raising money for charity.McIlroy was supposed to play Jason Day in an exhibition called Battle for a Cause until Day cited a need for rest to heal his ailing back.Johnson gladly stepped in.It should be a lot of fun, Johnson said Wednesday at the HSBC Champions. I like playing against Rory, and Ive never been to the Philippines.This is the second attempt at a head-to-head exhibition for McIlroy this year. He was planning to play Rickie Fowler in Detroit this summer until a deal with sponsors fell through. This one was set up on Nov. 29 with Day, the No. 1 player in the world whose mother is from the Philippines and who had family members perish in the 2013 typhoon.Sean OFlaherty, who manages McIlroy, said the event would include a gala dinner and an auction on Nov. 28, which features bidding to be caddies for Johnson and McIlroy over nine holes, along with other memorabilia. He said proceeds would go mainly toward relief efforts from typhoons.The match takes place at Pradera Verrde Golf and Country Club in Pampanga.ddddddddddddMcIlroy and Johnson have played together in at least one round in three of the four majors that McIlroy won -- the 2011 U.S. Open, 2012 PGA Championship and 2014 British Open. Most recently, McIlroy narrowly beat out Johnson for the FedEx Cup when he won the Tour Championship in a playoff.It will be a cool match, McIlroy said. Im happy that Dustin wanted to come and take part. Obviously, it was going to be Jason, and it would have been special for him with his ties to the Philippines. Its a place Ive never been. Ive met a lot of Filipino people along the way that are always nice and courteous and welcoming, and Im looking forward to that hospitality in Manila.Johnson is coming off his biggest year, capturing the U.S. Open at Oakmont and winning PGA Tour player of the year, the money title and the Vardon Trophy for the lowest adjusted scoring average.Johnson said he would be giving up his spot in the Hero World Challenge in the Bahamas, an 18-man field hosted by Tiger Woods. ' ' '

Antworten