Devils have had

Antworten
yyys123

Devils have had

Beitrag von yyys123 » Fr Mär 20, 2020 9:03 am

Rory McIlroy has admitted his frustration at not winning more trophies as he looks to taste success in the Players Championship this week. As well as winning four major titles and playing on three successive victorious Ryder Cup teams, McIlroy has won two World Golf Championship events and two FedEx Cup play-off tournaments, meaning the so-called Fifth Major is high on the agenda.McIlroy has finished eighth, sixth and eighth in the last three years at Sawgrass, but similar statistics so far in 2016 mean the 27-year-old is the only member of the worlds top five without a victory this season. Ahead of the Players Championship at TPC Sawgrass, Rory McIlroy and some other familiar faces explain why it is such a special course. Results-wise it isnt what I hoped for, McIlroy said on Wednesday. My performances have been pretty good, Ive had a few chances to win tournaments. Of the nine events Ive played, I have six top-10s so it hasnt been too bad, but no wins.Its been frustrating and especially because I feel like Ive played some really good golf in this stretch, but at the same time theres just been too many mistakes.Again last week I led the field in birdies at Quail Hollow, I was up there at Augusta. Theres just been too many loose shots, too many soft bogeys, so if anything I just need to tidy that up because I know Im playing good enough. Rory McIlroy suffered a miserable downfall at the 2011 Masters Despite those frustrations, McIlroy remains confident in his ability to close out tournaments down the stretch, reiterating that he learnt the most from his collapse in the 2011 Masters.McIlroy, who was four shots clear heading into the final round at Augusta before slumping to a closing 80, added: I dont think I believed I was a good closer until 2012.My wins early on in my career I led by a lot; whether it was my first win in Dubai, I think I was six ahead with six to play and sort of fell over the line there. When I won at Quail Hollow in 2010 I was five behind at the start of the day and I ended up winning by four. US Open was similar in 2011. Danny Willett is pleased to be drawn with Justin Rose and Brandt Snedeker for the opening two rounds At the start of 2012, whenever I needed to hold on on the back nine at the Honda Classic.... Tiger (Woods) had shot 62, I was trying to get in the clubhouse and become world number one for the first time, thats when I really believed Ive finally been able to close a tournament out and be able to play the right shot at the right time and keep it together.It takes experience, it takes losing a few first before understanding what you need to do. Ive always said the biggest learning curve and day of my career was that Sunday at Augusta in 2011. At least I know now exactly what not to do and what doesnt work for me so when I go into these final rounds and situations where I have a chance to win, I know how to handle myself, what way to think.I think thats the big thing, the mentality of learning whats going to be a good score that day, whats going to be the number thats going to win and really try and forget about everything else and try to get to that number.Watch the Players Championship on Sky Sports. Coverage begins on Sky Sports 4 HD at 6pm on Thursday. Also See: Day inspired by Tiger texts Fowler demanding patience PGA Tour Schedule World Rankings Priest Holmes Jersey . Newcastle dominated in the early stages but City weathered the storm and then raised its game in extra time. Negredo broke the deadlock from close range after a simple move in the 99th minute before Dzeko took the ball round goalkeeper Tim Krul to seal the victory in the 105th. Ty Law Jersey . There are surprises among the Vezina candidates, but most of the others are standard top-tier performers, even if the two Hart Trophy runners-ups have never been quite as good as they have been through the first half of the season. http://www.customchiefsjersey.com/custom-stone-johnson-jersey-large-1116n.html .C. -- Rodney Hood connected from all over the court while freshman Jabari Parker was busy swatting shots and scoring in transition. Anthony Hitchens Jersey . Mickelson barely made the cut but had the best round of the day with nine birdies and an eagle coupled with two bogeys to sit two shots behind leader Craig Lee of Scotland. Lee shot a 69 for a 12-under 204 total. "I just love the fact I am in contention and have an opportunity in my first tournament of the year here in Abu Dhabi," Mickelson said. Stefen Wisniewski Jersey . After a first half in which he thought "the lid was on the basket," the Toronto Raptors coach watched his squad mount a second half surge to defeat the Cleveland Cavaliers 98-91. TUCSON, Ariz. -- Arizona State has battled injuries and inconsistency through the worst season the Sun Devils have had under coach Todd Graham.Arizona has been hit just as hard by injuries and is in the midst of its worst season under Rich Rodriguez.The rivals end the regular season Friday night in the Territorial Cup, so you know what comes next.This is one of those must-wins on your schedule, Graham said. You can throw all the records out. It doesnt matter.Rivalry week may bring out the cliches, but it also brings out the best in both teams.And there is still something to play for on both sides of the ball.Arizona State (5-6, 2-6 Pac-12), despite all that has gone wrong this season, still has a shot to become bowl eligible. The Sun Devils have gone to bowl games five straight seasons, including all four that Graham has coached.Arizona (2-9, 0-8) is looking more at avoidance than reaching a goal.The Wildcats have lost eight straight games, their longest streak since 2003, and are trying to avoid their first winless conference season since 1957, when they went 0-4 in the Border Conference.And, like the Sun Devils, a win in the Territorial Cup will wash away at least some of the disappointment from this season.As I told the team, and the upperclassmen certainly understand, it is the biggest game we play every year, regardless of what is at stake, Rodriguez said. Some years there has been a lot at stake, but for us, it is a rivalry school. We have one of the greatest rivalries in college sports, so I think as tough as the season has been, playing ASU certainly gives our guys something to really work hard for this week and try to achieve Friday night.A few more thhings to look for when Arizona State plays at Arizona Friday night:---THE TERRITORIAL CUP: The Territorial Cup is recognized by the NCAA as the nations oldest rivalry trophy game.ddddddddddddThe first game between Grand Canyon State rivals came on Thanksgiving Day in 1899, when Arizona State was known as the Arizona Territorial Normal School. The teams have played annually every year since 1946, and the silver cup presented to the winner has been awarded to the winner every year since 2001. Arizona leads the all-time series 48-40-1, with the home team winning each of the last three games.ARIZONAS QB: The Wildcats have had five different players throw a pass this season, thanks to a slew of injuries. The question of who will start continues after Anu Solomon suffered a foot injury against Oregon State last week. Solomon made his first start since Sept. 3 but came out of the game in the second quarter after being sacked. He is listed as questionable on Arizonas injury report, so the Sun Devils will have to prepare for him or Brandon Dawkins, who threw for 305 yards, ran for 78 and accounted for three touchdowns against the Sun Devils last season.NUMBERSA victory would be Grahams 40th at Arizona State. ... Arizonas Nate Phillips has a catch in 44 straight games. ... Arizona State is last in the FBS in passing defense for the second straight season, allowing 382.9 yards per game. ... Arizona is 112th in total defense, giving up 467.3 yards per game.---More AP college football at www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 ' ' '

vonir

Re: Devils have had

Beitrag von vonir » Di Mär 31, 2020 11:22 pm

Antworten